Download Short Stories by Short People - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT Free

Short Stories by Short People pdf/epub/kindle/txt ebooks
By:Daniel Fisher
Published on 2001-10-15 by Xlibris Corporation



Download

This collection of stories by young authors covers a wide range of fiction and nonfiction topics. Here is a sampling of works: |The track looked like a huge water slide built of ancient wooden scaffolding. Instead of a plastic trough and running water, it was a bed of twisting, glistening ice. Now I could see that a sixty-foot run, after making a huge curve, merged into a forty-foot run. Then the run made multiple turns before one final downward plunge. For a second it seemed miraculous that the track wasn ́t littered with broken bodies.... I climbed the steep stairs to the lowest run and waited. I felt nauseous, and hoped no one could tell I was a little scared. Too soon it was my turn. There was no escape. I positioned myself on the sled. I fought panic while waiting for the operator to give me the ́go ́ signal. Off I went with my heart skipping a few beats. The wind whipped against my face.| --from |Polar Bear Camping| |It ́s 6:50 a.m. I know this time all too well. The ritual has begun. My mom climbs the steps of the ladder to my top bunk to |tickle| my feet: a tactile alarm clock. Oh, it ́s Thursday, not just any day of the week. It ́s the day when exhaustion and fatigue will rule me and my only salvation will be a special place, on the most comfortable sofa in the family room, where the angle of the television screen is just right and the pillows outline the shape of my body. I call this place THE SPOT.| --from |The Perfect Spot| |Aaron awoke disoriented and confused. Then suddenly he recognized his surroundings and remembered his fall. He quickly thanked god that he landed in bushes and was only bruised and scratched. He quickly looked down at his watch; it was 8:00 in the morning. He realized that his friends were gone. THEY THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD! He knew that to survive he needed his pack. He looked up and started to climb...without ropes.| --from |Lost in the Australian Outback| |Suddenly, the ghost appeared and looked around the room impatiently. ́Where is that girl when I need her? ́ The ghost listened carefully and heard a gurgling sound. She went through the wall and gently tapped Kary ́s shoulder. Kary turned around and screamed, although the foam coating her mouth muffled her scream. She slowly picked up her cup and gurgled while staring at the ghost cautiously.| --from |One ́s Pride is One ́s Courage| |The Tooth Fairy wasn ́t pretty at all. Her nose was warty and pointy. Her hair was gray and greasy. Then, all of a sudden, the Tooth Fairy picked up Cindy ́s favorite blanket from her grandmother and started to run away. The Tooth Fairy dashed to the window and Cindy raced after her. She could hear her heart beat so fast. She didn ́t feel shy at that moment at all; she just had to catch the Tooth Fairy. She just had to get that blanket back.| --from |The Tooth Fairy| |I don ́t exactly believe in ghosts or monsters, but I strongly believe that there are strange creatures out there that no one knows about. I ́ve heard their cries many times, especially when lying in my bed at night. Sometimes, thinking about the strange creatures gives me the shivers up my spine.... There is no use in calling my mother or father when I ́m scared because they never believe me, of course. All they say are things like: |There are no strange creatures making noises, Becca. It ́s just your runaway imagination.| Or, |We can have your ears checked next week.| --from |The Grand Adventure| |He galloped down an alley, only to be cut off by a large black wall. The wall seemed to balk and shift. Then he realized it was not totally black, but had small planet-like dots that co

This Book was ranked at 41 by Google Books for keyword Short Stories.

Book ID of Short Stories by Short People's Books is ryR69La5hDEC, Book which was written byDaniel Fisherhave ETAG "M+LY7qJDan4"

Book which was published by Xlibris Corporation since 2001-10-15 have ISBNs, ISBN 13 Code is 9781462825561 and ISBN 10 Code is 1462825567

Reading Mode in Text Status is true and Reading Mode in Image Status is true

Book which have "330 Pages" is Printed at BOOK under CategoryFiction

This Book was rated by Raters and have average rate at ""

This eBook Maturity (Adult Book) status is NOT_MATURE

Book was written in en

eBook Version Availability Status at PDF is true and in ePub is true

Short Stories by Short People Book Preview - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT



Download

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download The Complete Short Stories of James Purdy - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT Free

Download The Major Short Stories of D.H. Lawrence - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT Free

Download The Best American Short Stories 2014 - PDF - EPUB - KINDLE - TXT Free